Part of what makes people nervous about having ostomy surgery is worrying they won't be able to keep doing the things they love. Or achieve their goals. Or become who they planned to be. No matter what you're feeling right now, you are not alone. There will be times where you'll break down, so do that. Break down and then just keep going.
21 things doesn't seem like enough, but a million would keep you here all week. So, 21 for the date and because it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day. He had a dream, and so do you!
1. "Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase."
2. “So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.”
3. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
4. The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important.
5. “There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.”
6. "Only in darkness can you see the stars."
7. "No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they'd die for.”
8. “We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.”
9. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
10. “Love is the most durable power in the world.”
11. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.”
12. "Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others."
13. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
14. "No person has the right to rain on your dreams."
15. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.”
16. "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle."
17. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
18. “We cannot walk alone.”
19. "Courage is an inner resolution to go forward despite obstacles; Cowardice is submissive surrender to circumstances."
20. "Use me, God. Show me how to take who I am, who I want to be, and what I can do, and use it for a purpose greater than myself."
21. "We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."