If you are a regular OC reader then you're no stranger to the fact that just because you have an ostomy, that doesn’t mean it puts limits on your physical abilities.
Instagram is becoming a popular outlet for people to share their stories and be open about their ostomy. These awe-inspiring posts – from bodybuilders, runners, cyclists, and more – are for every aspiring athlete out there.
1. Tony is the best professional Cyclocross Racer on the BMB Racing Team (we're biased).
2. When Zoey became a world champion, she left a lasting impact on women’s bodybuilding.
3. Collin knows that running is a good metaphor for life — you get out of it what you put in.
4. Grace says it all, “My ostomy is a symbol of survival and a celebration of me being alive.”
5. Matt’s motto for The Ostomy Cycle world is, “Life Rolls On.”
6. Rebecca’s passion to make a difference in the lives of others through yoga is an inspiration.
7. MLB pitcher, Jake Diekman, and his wife are making a big impact with Gut It Out Foundation.
8. Jessica is one of the hardest working life coaches and always so encouraging to others.
9. Karin knows how great it feels when you prove yourself wrong.
10. After surgery, Caroline became a book author, triathlete and is working towards Ironman.
We admire all of you for putting heart and soul into your sport to achieve your goals. Watching you do what you love is truly inspiring!