While most people know Mallory, Mal for short, as a ridiculously good dresser, few are aware the Pure Barre instructor and clothing designer is fighting Inflammatory Bowel Disease and cancer. In September, 2015 Mallory was diagnosed with metastatic (stage IV) melanoma in her lungs, and she also had ileostomy surgery in September, 2016 because of an ongoing battle with Crohn's disease—that’s a lot to deal with in your 20’s!
In an interview with 303 Magazine, Mallory shared what happened when she broke the rules of fashion blogging and started sharing her health journey on Instagram.
“My followers have been really good. They’ve been supportive; they’ve been interested. Especially when I posted the picture of my ileostomy on my Instagram for the first time. I wasn’t expecting it to get so much attention, and it did. I had people from all over the world reaching out to me. It was overwhelming how many people were thankful that I put it out there and touched that I put it out there, and that made it all worth it.”
Here are just a few of Mal's best looks, and for more check out S W E E T & S A U E R.
1. Stretch pants, a loose top and statement jacket with spectator shoes—a dream outfit!
2. You’re at the gym to improve yourself, so why not be real?
3. Layered up. Black, on black, on black... nicely done.
4. Knee-length sweater jacket + form-fitting look = perfection.
5. We completely agree, attitude IS everything.
6. Bold stripes in black and white give graphic edge.
7. Channeling her snow-loving side with a winter white outfit.
8. No doubt the cutest accessory!!!
9. Skin-baring cutouts and low dips are anything but backward.
10. This is what we call a flawless pose.
We love everything about Mallory. Her motto (and outfits) are truly inspiring!