Can ostomates eat salad? Kale yeah!
Eating a green salad every day may be one of the healthiest eating habits you can adopt, says Kelly Issokson, MS, RD. With the warmer weather here, there's no better time to give your oven a rest and enjoy a lighter meal.
As National Salad Month wraps up, lettuce celebrate the greens by checking out these yummy salads from 10 veggie-loving ostomates.
1. Before we jump to “ostomates don’t eat” conclusions, consider this salad Karin snagged at brunch.
2. Eric’s vegan diet has inspired many others to forgo animal products.
3. Give Danielle a salad with tofu and she’ll be happy.
4. Denver fashion blogger, Mallory Sauer can eat multiple salads like it’s no big thing.
5. This entrepreneur/supermom’s food log on Instagram shows her love of greens.
A post shared by Rhonda (@rhonda.vk) on May 31, 2016 at 4:08pm PDT
6. Taco salad for when you want to ditch the shells.
7. Erin's salad comes with this advice, “Note to ileostomates: If you do eat beetroot it will change the colour of your output.”
8. Vanessa Stewart shares one of her favorites for a fun, fit ostomy life.
9. Laurie-Ann has a new vegan diet, and we love that she’s showing it off.
I was wondering who wants to see more vegan and food posts on my account. I'm getting pretty excited with my new diet but I rarely post my meals... so who's in ? 😅💬#veganfood #vegan #vegangirl #ostomylife #ostomyfashion #ileostomy #ileostomybag #stoma #colostomy #colostomybag #crohns #crohnsdisease #crohnswarrior #crohnsfighter #crohnsawareness #crohnsandcolitis #ulcerativecolitis #ibd #inflammatoryboweldisease
A post shared by Tomie_the_ostomy (@tomie_the_ostomy) on Feb 28, 2017 at 8:13pm PST
10. Instead of going for a bed of greens, Chelsea wraps it up with colorful raw veggies all mixed in.