While most know Mallory (Mal) Sauer as a ridiculously good dresser, few are aware the Pure Barre instructor and clothing designer is fighting Crohn's disease and cancer. In September 2015, Mal was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic melanoma in her lungs. She also had ostomy surgery the following year. That's a lot to cope with in your 20’s.
“When I posted the picture of my ileostomy on my Instagram for the first time, I wasn’t expecting it to get so much attention. I had people from all over the world reaching out to me. It was overwhelming how many were thankful that I put it out there, and that made it all worth it.” – Mallory Sauer
In an interview with 303 Magazine, Mallory shared what happened when she broke the rules of fashion blogging and started sharing her health journey on Instagram. Here are a few looks from her fashion blog, S W E E T & S A U E R.
1. Athleisure dream outfit.
2. The gym is to improve yourself. Why not be real?
3. Black, on black, on black... nicely done.
4. Knee-length sweater + form-fitting look = perfection.
5. Attitude IS everything.
6. Bold stripes give a graphic edge.
7. Channeling her snow-loving side in winter white.
8. No doubt the cutest accessory!
9. Skin-baring cutouts are anything but backward.
10. This is what we call a flawless pose.
Mal, we love everything about you. Your motto (and style) is so inspiring!