Although we have an awesome editorial team to create original content, much of what you’ll find here are stories written by ostomates just like you. Help us tell more of the stories that matter. Because bringing about social change happens through the power of your voice.
We're looking for the following content in 2019:
- First-person essays about why you had ostomy surgery.
- Lifestyle posts for our series pieces on relationships, rants, and how-to's.
- Documentaries, movies, and ostomates in the news (Ex: "Overall, the movie White Boy Rick did a fair job in its presentation of ostomies").
- Author interviews or book reviews from our reading list (coverage of new books by ostomate authors will be prioritized).
Examples of past freelance stories that have appeared on OC:
In any submission, please include the following:
- A sample headline for the piece.
- 2-3 sentences describing the angle of the piece.
- Your plan for photos or video, if applicable.
- Sources for the piece that you have permission to republish (i.e. personal blog, story you've written for another publisher).
One day you will tell your story of how you overcame what you went through and it will be part of someone else's healing.