Although we have an awesome editorial team to create original content, much of what you’ll find on OC is syndicated content paid directly to bloggers like you.
Read on for our general pitching guidelines, as well as current needs and guidelines for each of our sections: Lifestyle, Opinions, Inspiration, News & Culture, Recipes, and Books.
Please only send pitches; do not send full drafts of stories. In any pitch, please include the following:
- A sample headline for the piece.
- 2-3 sentences describing the angle of the piece.
- Your plan for photos or video, if applicable.
- Sources for the piece that you have permission to republish.
- Your standard rate (for an original piece).
We are currently accepting the following types of pitches for 2019:
- First-person essays about why you had ostomy surgery.
- Lifestyle posts for our series pieces on relationships, rants, and how to’s.
- Curated media that is tied to the latest news (Ex: "Overall, the movie White Boy Rick did a fair job in its presentation of ostomies").
- Author interviews from our book club list (coverage of new books, preferably by ostomate authors, will be prioritized).
Examples of past freelance stories that have appeared on OC:
We want ostomates to feel more connected. Talking about it reminds us that we are not alone. Bringing about change happens through the power of your voice. Thank you for contributing.