Although we have an amazing editorial team to create original content, much of what you’ll find here are stories written by ostomates just like you. Because bringing about social change happens through the power of your own voice.
We're looking for the following content:
- First-person essays about why you had ostomy surgery.
- Lifestyle posts for our series pieces on relationships, rants, and how-to's.
- Documentaries, movies, and ostomates in the news (Ex: "Overall, the movie White Boy Rick did a fair job in its presentation of ostomies").
- Author interviews and book reviews from our reading list.
We are also looking for original poems, photographs, comics, and art.
Examples of past freelance stories that have appeared on OC:
In any submission, please include the following:
- A sample headline for the piece.
- 2-3 sentences describing the angle of the piece.
- Your plan for photos or video, if applicable.
- Sources for the piece that you have permission to republish (i.e. personal blog, story you've written for another media site).
When you tell your story of how you overcame all you went through, it becomes part of someone else's healing. Help us tell more of the stories that matter.