We exist to create meaningful connections.
People have an ostomy for lots of different reasons, and they all have a story to tell — why they had life-saving surgery, what’s possible, and how this has changed their lives. We think that’s something worth sharing.
These are the voices of ostomates who are speaking up and using their experience to better our community. They motivate all of us to get involved. They inspire all of us to create change. We're here to make sure that their voices are heard.
So, we've created a place where you can share your story and what makes living with an ostomy special to you. Because what ostomates say and how they feel matters.
Here are some helpful guidelines you can use to tell your story:
- What do you want to share about yourself? e.g. age, where you live, hobbies, career.
- What was the illness you faced?
- Which procedure did you have? e.g. ileostomy, J-pouch, urostomy, etc.
- How did an ostomy make you feel, pre and post-surgery?
- What did the illness/ostomy teach you? What hope can you give to others?
We read all submissions and will respond as soon as possible. You can also share your personal experiences living with an ostomy by becoming a contributor or sharing a message on our Facebook page. Be sure to include the hashtag #OstomyConnectUs.
Thousands of incredible people come here each month for insight and inspiration. Your story could be the breakthrough that someone else needs!