People have an ostomy for lots of different reasons, and they all have a story to tell — why they had life-saving surgery, how they turned struggle into joy, and what they've achieved in their lives. We think that’s something worth sharing.
Meet An Ostomate is a video series that celebrates ostomates doing extraordinary things and using their story to inspire the world. We're here to ensure their voices are heard because we believe what ostomates say and how they feel matters.
What's your story?
Here are some helpful guidelines:
- What do you want to share? i.e. age, where you live, hobbies, career.
- What was the illness you faced?
- Which procedure did you have? i.e. ileostomy, colostomy, urostomy.
- How did an ostomy make you feel, pre and post-surgery?
- What has an ostomy taught you?
- What hope can you give to others?
Send your story to info@ostomyconnection, ATTN: Editors.
Thousands of incredible people from around the world come here each month for insight and inspiration — your story could be the breakthrough they need.